Sunday, April 5, 2020

April Conference 2020/ Getting ready for CHEMO

Pres NELSON promised this to be a unique and memorable conference . This he said long before we knew that we would all be isolated to homes because of the world wide pandemic Crononvirus 19,

Pres. Nelson, 1st Presidency and speakers and prayers are the only ones recorded from a small auditorium on Temple Square are in attendance.  Tabernacle Choir is all pre-recorded.

It is the 200 year celebration of the Restoration of the Gospel and because of that special occasion, We were able to join in the "Hosanna Shout"  in our homes with our white hankies and then singing of the Spirit of God Like a Fire is burning.  What a spiritual experience this has been.  We also were given another PROCLAMATION for the CHURCH regarding the Truth of Joseph Smith and his  Prophetic part in the Restoration of the Church .  As the Prophet of the Restoration.   HOW BLESSED WE ARE to understand and Believe in these truths.

I have been preparing for my First CHEMO Treatment on this Friday April 10th.  I have only had phone conversations with Dr. Benjamin Voorhies, oncologist and Sheila my nurse who have answered many questions and scared me with all the side effects. ( which they have to tell Me). It is quite overwhelming and frightening because of the unknowns.  I do know I will loose all my hair right after (within weeks) of my lst treatment.  I feel completely healed from my surgery only to be thrown into another health crisis.  I MUST BE STRONG AND HAVE FAITH TO GET THROUGH THIS.

The phone calls rather than personal visits are due to the PANDEMIC which we are still in the mist of.  This has been hard because I am a people person and need face to face interactions.

I have so many friends and family who have reached out to me with support and Love.  My friends from Bryner Clinic sent me painting supplies and tools  and rock to pain. This has been fun already.

Cards and phone conversations have uplifted me and I'm determined to be STRONG.  I hope to keep the events of my Chemo updated in this blog.

No comments:

Retired Life Begins

Retired Life Begins

My man and me

My man and me

our family

our family