Wednesday, April 1, 2020

2020 UPDATE

Well, Its been a bit since I've added a post.  That's because things have been very crazy since Feb.17th.

We enjoyed our Feb. Valentine's Party with our Dixie Down's Friends.  I had been working hard to perfect 4 Line dancing #'s and We performed them.  The day after the 14th , I felt a little tired and worn out.  We had been busy Setting up and decorating Valentines Cookies and Practicing our Dances that I just assumed I had over done it.  I also was in the Ladies Tea Fashion Show so that took up some time.

Anyway I rested the next day and felt a little better the next day which was Sunday , We went to Church and then entertained Ron with Sunday Dinner and visited.  We took him where he was staying and with Brea and Family at Sand Hollow.

The next day was  Monday,Presidents Day and I went shopping for Tatum's Birthday.  I found some fun Dress up clothes at DI and then a cute wardrobe for her dress-ups.  While I was out shopping I went to the bathroom and noticed blood in my urine.  I thought." oh I have a UTI "(Which I haven't had for 30 yrs.  It was a little strange because I had no burning or pain when I peed.

I had an appointment to meet with my PCP to talk about my recently diagnosed Oteoporosis, the next day Tues at 4:00 pm.  So early that day I called and talked to the receptionist telling her I needed to bring a sample in before my appointment and get on Meds . She said, No, I have to wait til my appointment.   I said, " I could be in a world of hurt by later this afternoon ,"  She said , Sorry.

By the time my appointment time arrived I had horrible Kidney pain and was peeing tons of Bright blood filling up the toilet.  My Doc was mad at his receptionist and immediately put me on a med but by the time I got my meds and got home, I started vomiting and chills and fever.

Morris took me to Dixie Regional ED and was treated to find the infection.  They admitted me and my Blood Pressure dropped to 53/33 and my white count tanked to ZERO!! They took me to ICU in Septic Shock and I stayed there for 5 days to get stabilized and then 3 days in a Reg room.  Tons of IV fluids which blew me up like a balloon. I couldn't breathe very well. They did Scans including Chest C.T. Abdomen C.T. Ultra Sounds, Blood tests Changing IV antibiotics as needed.  I got Blood Septis that started in my Kidney and went to my blood stream.  I also got Herpes Simplex Virus when my immune system tanked which caused complete  hearing loss in my Rt. Ear.  Couldn't deal with that until a few weeks after the fact.  The Scans showed a large ovarian Mass on my left side.

They referred me to a GyN/Oncologist  when I was able to leave the hospital and after 2 wks. IV infusion therapy.  That ended on the 7th of March.  We drove to SLC to see Dr. JESSICA HUNN
and had Surgery to remove my ovaries and fallopian tubes on the 10th of March.  She felt good about my initial lab returns but two weeks later informed me that they found microscopic  cancer cells in F/U labs.

This brings me to Now.  I have Stage 2 ovarian Cancer with mixed type which will require Aggressive Chemo which I Will Start April 10.

All this in the middle of Coronovirus, however everything other than my Chemo was timed perfectly for Hospitalizations and Surgery. I have seen many tender Mercies and Miracles as We have been navigating through these unique times.    Ill keep this blog up to date as i can.  Wish me Good Luck and thanks for all the love and encouragement I have felt and heard from.

No comments:

Retired Life Begins

Retired Life Begins

My man and me

My man and me

our family

our family